I remember when I was younger when I USE TO ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS.
The past few years I've found myself enjoying it less and less. Since I had Hayden, the holidays have much more of a significant meaning but it doesn't make it any less stressful.
Last Christmas was Hayden's very first. This year I'm actually looking forward to the 25th. I'm excited to take Hayden to sit on Santa's lap for the very first time. I'm excited for him to wake up on Christmas morning and open all of his presents. I know he still doesn't understand the concept of it all or even grasp it but it is still exciting as a mother to watch your son tear into all the fun stuff.
When I was growing up, we use to travel to Houston every year to spend time with family for the holidays. To be honest, I'm sick of driving back and forth. Planning, packing up everything, loading and unloading the truck, the stress of holiday traffic, grocery store chaos... do it year after year, I've had enough. The past three years we've spent Christmas at home. This year will be no different. I've invited my dad who lives in Houston to come spend Christmas with us. I so hope he takes me up on the offer. It would be awesome to have him and his fiancee here with us.
Now that I have my own family, I have absolutely no interest in traveling for the holidays. My family is in Austin and Houston. Jon's family is in San Antonio and Cuero. So it makes sense to stay put instead of traveling all over trying to make everyone else happy.
I finally put up our Christmas tree. I was dreading putting it up for the sole fact that I know Hayden would have his grubby little paws all over it all day everyday. I was right on because he loves pulling stuff off of it. I think he's learned his lesson now that the tree has fallen over on him twice. Thankfully he was never hurt both times. I'm sure it was scary having a big green thing with shiny, sparkly things with lights falling on you. Good thing its a small skimpy tree because I'm sure it could have done some damaged to my little man. I also just finished putting up the lighted garland around our front door. I think thats as festive as its going to get outside. See is how we need to purchase all new outdoor lights since the rest of the strands crapped out on me. I don't have new lights in our budget so it will have to wait til next year. I may find some good deals after the holidays and snag those for next year. Here's hopin! :)
I'm slowly checking people off my xmas shopping list for the holidays. I just have a few more people to shop for, finish up Hayden and finish up Tina then I'll be done. Wahoo!!
Lots to be thankful for this year... for so many reasons.
This year, I've promised myself I will NOT be the grinch....
♥ X's & O's ♥
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
This will probably be our last year that we are away for Christmas. Santa always visits the girls a few days late and so far they haven't been able to tell the difference.
For our tree, we only put bows on it. That way, it's not so annoying when they get pulled off. But, this year we finally are doing ornaments again! Woohoo!
We don't have any outdoor decorations because we are never home and they are expensive. Sometimes I go right after Christmas to see what they have on clearance for next year. If I get to do that this year, I may look for a wreath for the front door.
Post a Comment