CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The much anticipated MRI

For those of you that are out of the loop, tonight was my scheduled MRI.

If you have no idea why I had the mri done, then you need to scroll back thru my blogs and do some reading to catch up to speed and go ahead and crawl out from under that rock you've been hiding under. :)

Lets back up a bit....

My bestfriend Tina met me in Round Rock for dinner at Fuddrucker's and we enjoyed long overdue "girl time!" It was great catching up as always. Never a dull moment when the two of us get together, ever! I'm so thankful she drove 40 minutes out of her way to be there for me for my MRI tonight.

After we ate, had a mini photoshoot in the bathroom, we drove across the parking lot to Austin Radiological Association (ARA) for my MRI.



After filling out five freaking pages, medical history, medical releases, and consents for the contrast, I was called back well before my appointment time. (Thankfully we were an HOUR early... fyi... I HATE being late to anything) So this goofy looking "nurse" has me get into a gown. Strip down to undies and a gown. Oh lord! This wasn't going to be pretty.



So I waddle my way down their little hallway to get my iv placed, mean while Tina and I are cutting up and joking with the tech that starts my iv.



No longer after she finishes, its my turn! *cue my racing heart* The techs have me take off my flipflops and put in some neon orange ear plugs. Then onto the hard as a rock table I go. The tech helps me lay down and get as comfy as its going to get on a hard table. Stuffs a leg pillow under my knees, drapes a thin blanket over me, and puts some rack over my face. As they slide me into the tube, my heart beats faster. I felt myself start to slightly freak. I kept looking into the little mirror over my eyes thats angeled at the window of where the techs stand. I closed my eyes and calmed myself down and reassured myself that its only for 30 minutes. And that the exam was neccessary for me to get a dianosis so we could have a possible treatment. I slowed my breathing down and eventually my heart rate slowed down to a normal rhythm. During the MRI, I kept giving myself a peptalk that it would all be over with soon and that my bestie was in the next room waiting for me and was there for support. Knowing that she was there calmed me down ALOT.

THANK YOU TINA FOR BEING THERE WITH ME FOR SUPPORT AND CALMING ME DOWN!!!

After the MRI was over, they rolled me out of the "open" mri machine, unhooked me from the contrast, flushed my iv, helped me up and off I was to get dressed and get the hell out of there! By the time I got to my truck, I was freezing. That whole room was ice cold! Thank god thats behind me!!!



Now the waiting game begins as I wait for my RE to call me to schedule me to come into her office to go over the results.



I can't thank YOU enough for the thoughts and prayers you've sent my way. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It truly means the world to me!!!!!

X's & O's!

0 comments: