This morning I was proactive and called my doctor, Dr. Stephanie Shaw to get the results of my mri from last night. The nurse I spoke with said they had recieved them. She then asked me if I had done my two (yes TWO!!!) 24 hour urine collections and did my bloodwork right after. I told her no. She said that not only do they NOT give results over the phone, they won't give me any results until I get those labs done and back. A little inside information, their labwork takes almost two weeks to get back!
I was livid!!!!!!!!!
So I called Austin Radiological Association, the facility that did my MRI. I asked the nurse if I could not only get a copy of my films but get my results. She said yes and that they were ready for my pickup!
AMEN!
Finally someone that has their shit together!!!
So this evening I over-anxiously waited for my husband to get home so we could head into town to go get them. Before I even got to the truck I opened the large manilla folder to read my results.
Gibberish and more gibberish! All this medical talk, made me feel smart for almost half a second.
*******************DRUM ROLL PLEASE**************************
My MRI was negative. Negative of any pituitary problems. Negative for tumor.
Negative for any growth. Negative, period! NEGATIVE NEGATIVE NEGATIVE!!!!!!! Praise God!!!!!!!!
Here are a few images from my mri. There were over 200, so these are a few good and interesting ones. :)



Now some may ask, will I go and see Dr. Shaw again? The answer is not only no, but ABSOLUTELY NOT A CHANCE!!! I just don't understand how a specialist will bill your insurance company a ridiculous fee for a "consultation" and you only spend 15 minutes actually talking to the dr. Its nuts! So I will go back to my OB/GYN and let him do the ultrasound of my ovaries to rule out any cysts. I refuse to see that woman ever again.
Thank you for everyone that thought of me this past week. I love you all and appreciate everyone's support!
UPDATE!!! This is what the mri showed, those of you that might want to get technical. :)
MRI Pituitary with & without contrast 11/10/2010
History: 28 year old female with elevated hypercortison and testosterone levels
Comparison: None available at this time
Technique: At 1.5 Tesla, thin section pre and post contrast MR imaging was performed through the pituitary gland. Additional screening axial T2 and DWI images were performed through the entire brain.
Findings: Sella: The pituitary gland is normal in size, signal and enhancement characteristics. No focal hypoenhancing lesion is seen. No hemorrhagic or cystic changes are seen within the gland. There is no macroadenoma.
Infundibulum: The infundibulum is normal in size and midline.
Cavernous sinus: The cavernous sinuses enhance normally. The adjacent Meckel's caves are within normal limits. The cavernous carotid flow voids are maintained.
Suprasellar structures: The suprasellar structures show normal anatomy, signal content, and enhancement.
Brain: Negative for midline shift, hydrocephalus, infarct or abnormal extra-axial fluid collection. The visualized orbits, globes and paranasal sinuses are within normal limits.
Impression: 1. Negative MRI of pituitary glandm sella and suprasellar region.
WHATEVER that all means.... :)




3 comments:
So happy that your results came back negative!!! I know that's a relief for you!!! = ]
Great news...now on to feeling better!
So now that it's letting me comment today, I just have to go back and say YAY for good MRI results. Oh, and congrats on confirming that you have a brain ;) LOL
Post a Comment