For starters, we took Hayden's crib that was recalled back to Wal-Mart since I purchased it online. First, they gave us crap when we returned it. The lady was probably the worst employee on the face of the planet. I know they have to verify in their book of the current recalls and follow company policies, I get that, but there was no reason to cop an attitude with my husband. No reason what so ever. So of course this sets Jon off and his fuse is getting shorter and shorter. The lady proceeds to argue with Jon about she needed a barcode to scan. She obviously wasn't listening the three times we showed her and verbally told her, its right here on the inside rail that we specifically placed facing outward so she could scan it. Totally making her job as easy as possible. But of course, leave it to the one employee we deal with, that doesn't want to do her job. So we request the manager. Finally get it straightened out. Manager walks away to tend to something else. The lady puts the refund of a damn giftcard. Really!!! Really???!! Seriously??? I just returned a recalled crib, why in the hell would I want to buy another one from Wal-Mart? Soooooo back we go at it with the manager. Manager asks for the original debit card we purchased it with online. Of course it would be a card that was linked to a bank account we closed. So finally they refunded everything in cash. Finally after dealing with them for an hour and a half, we head to IKEA.
I was so excited to get to IKEA. Little did I know that excitement would come to a screeching hault once we get home. We find our way thru the maze to the Children's dept (if you've never been to IKEA, its like your a rat searching for a piece of cheese in a maze... its pretty cool) and get what we set out for.... a toddler bed for Hayden. Not only did we find a super cute toddler bed, we found a small dresser for $30, a play rug for $15, one of those toys thats in every doctors office with the wooden blocks on the wires for $15, and a few plug-in night lights at $5 a pop. So we checkout and spend exactly what was refunded for Hayden's old crib. Talk about a great deal!! So we head home proud of our purchase. *sigh* We get home and begin the daunting task of putting together Hay's bed and dresser. For those of you that have experienced putting together anything from IKEA knows the frustration of their awful instructions. We manage to get everything put together. Well the bed... there lies the problem in itself. Before we even left the house this morning, I checked the IKEA website to make sure everything was included in the price for the bed. So I thought. We get home and realize, the slats that hold the mattress were not with the two boxes. So Jon drives back to IKEA (15-20 min drive one way) to go pick it up. Not only do they give him hell at IKEA also, they wanted to charge us for the damn things. When it was clearly stated on their website it was included in the price. Then the girl pops off at Jon saying "yea when you buy it online, its included, in the store you pay for them." I'm not going to go into the full convo but it surprised the hell out of me how rude the girl was to him. She's lucky I wasn't with him on the second trip up there. I would have tore her a new one!!! Jon gets home, storms in the front door. The boy is LIVID!!!!!!!!! I devise a plan. I told him, lets goto Home Depot and make our own slats. So we did and spent less than what they were wanting to charge us in the first place. Problem solved, Hayden's bed is safely installed and I love it!!
After a long stressful day, I feel very accomplished and satisfied with our purchase after all the hoops we had to jump through. Tomorrow I get to organize all the small stuff I just chunked on our kitchen table. I had to make sure all stuff I didn't want torn up was out of Hayden's reach incase he gets up in the middle of the night. I seriously doubt he'll wake up since he's on a routine. Hayden seems to like his big boy bed because he's already figured out how to climb up in it, jump on it, and climb back down off of it.
I think it's time for mommy and daddy to call it a night and head to bed!!!
XO♥XO




0 comments:
Post a Comment