CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

A horrible Sunday!

All day long has been wonderful. Hayden and I played all day. I did my cardio for the third day in a row. Did the laundry. Hubby came home at 4pm. Its been a beautiful day.

It all changed when we left the house to goto Home Depot to get a ceiling fan for the living room. I took a right off our street as I do regularly, only to find two fire trucks, three police cars, and an ambulance... all with lights flickering. What is going on?? I slowly drove by and to my horror, I caught a quick glimpse of a little boy, no older than ten, his face covered in blood. He's laying on his back on the hot cement. Paramedics are attending to him and little kids around him crying. As i glance back to the road to watch where I'm headed, I notice the car parked infront of the "scene"... the front bumper and right headlight covered in blood. At that moment, I cried, I put myself into this poor little boy's mother's shoes. I start saying a silent prayer for the innocent little boy that got hit buy this car. I'm horrified. I know some cars drive carelessly up and down the street but this was preventable at all costs. Children in our neighborhood don't play in the street. Please keep the little boy and his family in your prayers this evening. I dont know who it was, what all was involved but I do know he will be heavy on my mind.

We proceeded to Home Depot to get what we set out for, a ceiling fan for our living room so we can help cut our electricity bill this summer. So hubby installed it and its beautiful and is an amazing addition to our living room. Best investment ever! Well maybe not ever, but certainly high up on my list. :)

We got some steaks on the grill and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. My bestfriend is making me over and giving me a new "look." Let me just say I'm excited because I've given her full rein! I told her she can do anything to my hair, any color, any cut, any style. As long as she doesn't touch the length, since I'm trying to grow my hair out. So stay tuned for pics tomorrow evening! :)

Until tomorrow...

♥XO♥XO♥

0 comments: