CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day weekend

A long Mother's day weekend doesn't even begin to scratch the surface in explaining how the weekend went.

Friday morning

Hayden woke up with a fever of 102.3. Well crap! There goes our plans to go out of town this weekend. So I alternate Motrin and Tylenol the rest of the day. (yes we threw away the recalled crap) So Friday evening he's broken his fever and is starting to feel better and is playing and finally eats dinner. He didn't eat breakfast or lunch or even touch any of his snacks. So we goto bed and he sleeps just fine. Didn't wake up once which is typical for him now.

Saturday morning

Hayden wakes up with no fever! Success!! So we decide to pack an overnight bag for Jon and I and I pack Hayden's. We hit the road. We get to Cuero and head to my inlaw's house. Out of nowhere Hayden spikes a 103.6 fever. So we begin the Motrin / Tylenol regimine. All night long Hayden had a fever. Daddy and I got ZERO sleep. Although Hayden managed to get a few hours of sleep in somehow but managed to keep us wide awake.

Sunday morning

We get up and get washed up. Hayden has a mild fever. Just over 100. I give him some Tylenol to help keep it at bay. We have breakfast. Hayden got his appetite back and inhaled everything we put infront of him. Thank you Jesus!! So we pack up the truck and head to Halletsville to see my lovely aunt Carla and awesome uncle David and my three precious cousins, Casey, Lauren, & Chris. I still can't believe its been since Me-maw's funeral that I've seen them. Geez where does time go? It seems like just yesterday I was helping Carla with Casey as a baby and changing his diapers. Standing next to them makes me feel OLD!!!!!! Below is a picture of the four of us! Good times!!



We made it home safe and sound around 7pm. We made a few stops. One to get a quick dinner then when we got into Lockhart, we stopped at Wal-fart to get some dogfood. I'm glad to be home but miss my family already! I enjoy being with family. I just hate that everyone is far away.

I'm happy to report that as of 9pm when Hayden went to bed, he was still feverless. I'm praying it stays that way. If he wakes up in the morning with a fever, we're headed to the doctor. Fingers crossed and prayers appreciated!!

xo♥xo

0 comments: