For over a year and a half, my best friend and I had been planning on attending Rangerette Revels 2010. The long impatient countdown finally expired when Friday rolled around and it was time to hit the road. We were fortunate enough and so very thankful Tina's mom and dad let us borrow their truck for the drive. (THANK YOU DENISE & ALAN!!) After Tina called it a day at the salon, she headed my way. After a quick "I love you" and a tight bear hug to my precious son, we loaded up my stuff and hit the road with our best foot forward.
The drive itself was fun because we laughed, took random pictures, and made new memories together. Highway 79 is probably one of the most beautiful highways to take a road trip along. Beautiful scenery, beautiful skies, fresh spring flowers, and slow ass drivers. Note to anyone driving north along hwy 79, do not stop at the gas station in Marquez, TX. It smells like a dirty hamster cage!!!! Finally we got to the state line of Texas and Louisiana so we stopped at the rest stop since it was finally open and took a picture. A short thirty minutes later, we finally goto Lisa and Andy's house. Little did I know, the fun and craziness was about to begin. We were all starving and meat falling off the bones so we decided to goto Fat Daddy's in the Boardwalk. After sharing more laughter we decided it was best to rob the liquor store. (we didn't really rob it, Tina and Lisa just stocked up on a crap load of liquor!) Off to the house we went! I'm pretty sure I was the first to drop my clothes and throw some pjs on. Nothing like getting comfy and laughing till your sides hurt and you've peed in your pants. Well I left the peeing in the pants up to Lisa...
A few drinks down and I could already fell the stress melting away. This is exactly what I needed!! Somewhere around midnight, well maybe even 1am Lisa decided we should "go get something to munch on" and the realization that we were in no shape to drive anywhere and Andy was asleep since he had to be up early to goto work. Lisa pulls out her trusty phonebook and looks up McDonald's. She attempts to call Mickey D's to see if they will deliver a 50 piece bucket of nuggets. The funniest part of the evening was Lisa "telling them" to just jump on the Amtrak. From what I know, I don't think there is an Amtrak in Bossier City, La. LOL!!!! After that long laugh, we had a few more to drink and decided it was wise to drag our butts to bed. Saturday morning came and went. I think we crawled out of bed around 11am. Time for a Subway run!!! Lisa and Tina were excited we could goto the one in downtown Bossier City to I could see downtown BC! Well we get all excited, park the truck and to our surprise, Subway was closed. Not for the day. Not for a death in the family. Not for the hell of it. But they are closed every weekend. WTH!!!! Who does that??? So we found another one that had a line out the ass. Nothing like standing around a bunch of scrawny soccer moms with their million and one kids and still have the perfect figure. GAG! After that I didn't feel the least bit guilty for eatting my footlong ham and turkey sammich!! NO way jose! Back to the casa we go. Inhale food, check! Time to get ready!!! So we all showered up, got ready, put our faces on, got our doos and headed to Kilgore!!! The show itself NEVER disappoints. Dana Blair and Shelley Wayne did another phenominal job on the show. Of course the Rangerettes were perfect and flawless as usual. (I've uploaded all the pics I took from the show on my fb) We didn't stay to mingle, we headed home and went to bed. Tina and I had a long drive back home Sunday. And that we did. It felt like it took forever to get home. (a mere 5.5 hrs) Thankfully... we made it there and back safely and had a blast. Thats all that matters to me.
I am so very thankful for an amazing bestfriend, a perfect husband, and a sweet and adoreable son who's screaming at me while I type this last bit. (Nap time!!) Jon was gracious enough to take off the weekend so I could have a girls weekend out of town. THANK YOU HONEY!!!
Thank you Tina and Lisa for an amazing weekend! LOVE YOU LADIES!!!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment