In today's mail I recieved a bill from Texas Diabetes and Endocrinology. The office in which my reproductive endocrinologist (re) works in. The bill is just shy of $500.00!!!!! Thats after our insurance paid more than $1,800 for a CONSULTATION!!!!! Are you *bleeeeeeep* kidding me??!?!? Needless to say, I'm furious. Why would a doctor, a specialist, charge out the ying yang for a flipping consultation. $2,300 to take my blood pressure, weight me, measure how tall I am, poke at my throat, mash on my ever expanding stomach, for what...? To wait three weeks for results? For them to call me, play phone tag, then get ahold of them only for them to tell me they can't release results over the phone that I'd have to wait til my appointment. Pardon my french..... BULLSHIT!!!!!!!
With that said...
Friday I'm going to my appointment, this will be the last time I see this doctor. I will go back to MY doctor and request someone that isn't in practice for themselves! ($$) I'm praying for good news so I don't have to keep racking up medical bills. I'm done with going back and forth to doctors and specialists. And after looking at that bill, I'm seriously fed up! I'll be my own doctor.... *sigh*
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
That is seriously ridiculous!!! The most I have ever heard for a consult was like $300 total without insurance. Was that including any lab work?
I owe the hospital here $4,000 for just blood work because my insurance only covered 10% of it. This is one of the things that is completely screwing up our country!
Post a Comment