My husband and I have always talked about owning our own business since the day we got married over five years ago. His expertise is painting, drywall, and things of that sort from when he was younger, growing up with his dad. My expertise... well I really dont have any but I do know the in's and out's of data entry, computers, some accounting, customer service, some management, and cupcakes.
Did someone say cupcakes??!!!
Yes! I have put alot of thought into opening my own cupcake bakery. I've even done some looking around as far as locations and toyed around with some names. I think I could really pull this off. The list of things to do in order to bring this journey into frutation is long. But, with alot of resources, ideas, creativity, and a little bit of luck, it might just happen. Then again, theres the whole aspect of coughing up several thousand dollars to lease and/or own a location, the permits, legal ends, and a possible "staff."
I'm still unsure if I wanted to limit myself to just cupcakes or possibly incorporate decorative cookies as well. I've really started enjoying baking and what better way, do it for a living and make money while satisfying clients and customers?!?!! My husband still finds it strange that I enjoy baking, not for us, but to turn around and give them away to friends and family. I just enjoy sharing the happieness that comes along with a colorful cupcake, ya know?
As you can imagine, the idea of it all sounds amazing but everything that needs to be done to prepare for something like this is a HUGE and daunting task. I think I very well might be up for the challenge.
I've always wanted to be my own boss, hell.. who hasn't? I think between Jon and I, it would be a fun family business to create, get going, and can possibly be very successful at it.
I better start saving my pennies now....
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment