CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hayden vs Concrete

This past weekend we decided on a last minute trip to Cuero to spend time with Jon's family. As always we stay at his mom's beautiful house. It just so happens they were doing a bbq the same weekend we'd be down there.

We were outside enjoying everyone's company, sweating it out in the humidity and enduring the mesquitos when I here a noise I'm all too familiar with. Hayden fell. Face first. Into the concrete. It wasn't just a typical fall, face plant, get back up and keep going. He slid across the concrete, scraping his forehead, nose, and got his upper lip pretty damn good. My MIL told me not to baby him, but I know his crys and I knew this one was pain, so I hopped up and took him inside. No sooner than I walked thru the front door, he stopped crying. But here came the blood. It was almost an instant reaction from when he stopped crying, it started pouring out of his nose and lip. After I got it under control and cleaned it really well, I doctored it up with some neosporen and we headed back outside. And Hayden true to himself, he went back to running up and down the concrete slab and playing. He wasn't going to let a little concrete skidmark on his face slow him down or dampen his day. Tough little boy he is.

This is his face during the healing process... looks horrible!



This brings us to today, five days later, he finally rubbed off the final scab and I'm so happy. His handsome little face didn't get scarred, thank you God!!! He has enough serious scars to last anyone a life time. :)

Today we are headed to the splashpad at Brushy Creek. I can't wait! Mama needs some sun!!

X's and O's! Toodles!!