CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

33wk speed bump

Update! Had my 33.3wk appt this morning. My main concern was my showing signs of preeclamsia which my doctor quickly ruled out with a urine collection, bp check and a finger prick to test my blood sugar. Amen!! So for now all is good there.
As always, he did a routine ultrasound to check fluid levels. Perfect there. Of course I was watching Keiran's every move as I felt them happening. I saw something that alarmed me. I promptly asked my doctor what that large mass was thinking it was my placenta or something else. He chuckled at my expense and said "No honey that's your son's head!!" It was HUGE. With that said, he took a few ultrasound measurements and measured the fundus and confirmed that Keiran is now measuring 16days ahead. Yes, TWO WEEKS AND TWO DAYS HUGE!!!!!!! So next Wednesday I have to go for an hour long ultrasound scan to determine if I will be diagnosed with macrosomia. Simple terms, large baby syndrome. The "somia" and "syndrome" terms alone sent me into a panic so I googled it and its just what it says, large baby! My doctor said once we get the results back and if I'm confirmed to have macrosomia, then my next appt (35wks.. because my Dr loves me he isn't starting my weekly appts til then) he will start stretching my membranes. Yeehaw! He did say without a doubt I won't make it to 38wks!!! Ahhhh the end is in sight and its close....real CLOSE!!!!

After my appt we went for our usual visit to go see and spend time with Granny and Poppop. Hayden loves his granny and poppop so much. We sadly learned they had to put down one of their beloved dogs yesterday which broke my heart. She lived a long successful life but will be greatly missed. Then Jon had the wild hair to mow their yard so their front and backyard was freshly mowed in less than 20min. Such a sweet guy he is.

Well that's all I have for this week. Things should start getting exciting in the next week to two weeks. :)

X's & O's!!!

2 comments:

Susie Q

Can't believe it is getting so close! Glad all is well, except for the huge baby thing. I'm not gonna lie, it made me laugh! I can just see you goggling as you leave the dr's office and having a mini stroke in the truck! Love ya girl! Hang in there.....it's almost over!!

Teacher

Stretching your membranes? Ouch!