Howdy!!
If you can't already tell, I'm elated from my latest news from my orthopedic surgeon. I saw him first thing this morning. He poked and proded, had me do some bending and stretching and was able to see a big difference since my last appt three weeks prior.
Good news is he does NOT want to operate. English translation.... NO SURGERY!!!!!!
I am over the moon excited because I was so deathly afraid of the long recovery process with a TWO YEAR OLD! I'm so thankful and so happy. His best advice that I took oh so seriously, he wants me to strengthen the muscles in my back that will help keep my L5 vertibrae still and shifting anymore. He recommended for me to join a gym and start off slow and work myself up. He wants me to stay active. (as if chasing a two year old daily isn't enough?) So I'm so thankful because I've been wanting to join a gym anyway, but now the doctor is ordering me to do so! YES!!!! Guess hubs can't say anything about that monthly expense. Haha! Even better, I'll be able to drop some weight and be even stronger because of it. With that said, I need a workout buddy. My Round Rock friends, who has a membership to Gold's Gym at Hester's Crossing and would like to be my workout buddy. It would have to be after 5:30pm as my husband works full time and I'd have to go after he gets home. (Not only to watch Hayden but so I have a vehicle)
Jon also saw my same surgeon as his knees have been acting up. (yes, plural) His left knee he had reconstructive surgery in 1987 (yes he's that old) and has been aching more than usual wear and tear. After a few x-rays, the doctor told Jon that he's got "very little cartilidge" left in his right knee. (his good knee) So he's looking at more surgery in the future, probably in the next few years. Ick!!
All in all.. we have our health to be thankful for and the blessing that we recieved in finding out I don't need surgery!!! YEA!!!!
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment