A few quick x-rays of my lower back and I'm back through the halls for my second "walk of shame." Thankfully the surgeon comes in with my x-rays rather quickly because those shorts were uncomfortable to say the least. *chuckle*
He asked me if I had had any prior accidents or back injuries. I told him no. He asked if back degeneration ran in my family. I said "Not that I know of." (little did I know, yesterday my Granny told me she had the EXACT same thing wrong with her back and she had the surgery. Apparently it runs in our family....crap!) Then he showed me my x-ray....
He explained that my L5 vertibrae had shifted forward by approximately half an inch. As he saw the stunned look on my face and the color quickly turning pale, he reassured me that he wants me to start aggressive physical therapy three times a week for three weeks. *insert a big fat YA RIGHT with a two year old* And alternating muscle relaxers, pain meds and an anti-inflamitory to help relieve some of the pressure on my spine. He also suggested, politely that I lose a "few lbs." He was such a sweet guy. He also assured me that he was a very conservative surgeon. I explained to him that my husband had his L4 and L5 fused roughly 20 years ago and I didn't want to go that route. He said that yes fusing my L5 would be a "cure all" but would not eliminate my pain. *sigh* So I'm trying to find a physical therapist that won't drain my bank account and my insurance will pick up majority if not all of the cost. So if you know anyone that is a physical therapist, you know how to get ahold of me.
The meds are helping some. Some days are better than others. Yesterday was a really bad day. I guess because Saturday we spent alot of time in the sun and I was doing alot more physical activity than normal. Then again we spent some time in a pool too so that was refreshing and helped my back in more ways than one.
Here's hoping I can find a PT and it helps in the long run....




1 comments:
Tillman Physical Therapy in Cedar Park is wonderful. You might check into them and I think they even have a fitness program there as well. Worth a try. Sorry about the pain, backpain might be the worst. :(
Post a Comment