CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Coping

A lot has happened in a year.

March 2011: Hayden turned 3
June2011: Diagnosed with Spondylolisthesis.
August 2011: Relocated to Burnet
September 2011: Got pregnant (found out on my 29th birthday)

Well it doesn't seem like much but the diagnosis of Spondylolisthesis in  my back, moving and then getting pregnant seems like we just won gold on the Olympics.

My diagnosis was tough to accept. Especially after my orthopedic surgeon, who happens to be a very conservative doctor, told me to goto physical therapy(pt) and I should be fine. At the time he said I wasn't to the point of needing surgery. All I could think of was "great, I have to wait for it to get worse before it gets better, yeah fantastic!" *sarcasim* Of course our insurance doesn't cover pt, not even a dime. So no pt for me.

Fast forward through nine months.

May 2012: Keiran is born. Labored for four hours. Pushed for less than ten minutes. Although delivery was quick, I had the epidural but endured some excruciating pain with my back in its current state. Also didn't help Keiran was sunny-side-up.
June 1, 2012: Keiran is released from Scott &White after a week in ICU due to seizures from low calcium. (Transient hypo-parathyroidism)

June 2012: Pain in lower back worsening

July 2012: Can no longer stand the pain, relying on meds to control it.

August 2012: Appt made with orthopedic surgeon for follow-up to find out the next step. Could possibly be surgery. Will know more the 22nd.
To say the least its been a rough year, physically for me. Hoping for relief ASAP! I'm sick of living in pain.

Then next month I celebrate the big 3-0! Yikes, that's depressing in itself. I suppose its true when "they" say you hit 30 and everything starts breaking or falling apart. :)

X's and O's!!

0 comments: