Yesterday we got up super early to get ready and head into Austin for my anatomy ultrasound scan. Of course as excited as we were to see our little girl for an entire hour, we got there almost an hour early. And of course as fate would have it, we waited for that hour. Hayden of course didn't mind, he was busy tearing up the plants in the office and crawling underneath empty chairs. Poor kid, can't say I don't blaim him. We wake him up three hours earlier than normal, stick him in his carseat for an hour long drive, then ask him to behave only to wait again. LOL He was a good boy, considering.
So my time had finally come, instant butterflies. Like a kid on Christmas anxious to open presents. The technician gets me set up and starts measuring all the usual, brain, kidneys, heart, liver, uterus, placenta.. all your standard fun squishy stuff. Then she looked at Jon and I with a huge smile and asked us "do you want to know the gender?" Without missing a beat, I said "yea we just want confirmation it's a girl..." Then her face went from a smile to a surprising.... "Your having another son!" My jaw fell to the floor. There it was, clear as day, Keiran Kade Trevino's manhood, in all it's glory. Wow!!! I thought I should be disappointed but all I could do is smile and laugh. Even after she finished a few more measurements, I was still laughing.
The joke was on us the entire time.
After we walked out of the main office doors, I became weak in the knees from being overwhemled with such happy emotion. I never expected to feel so blessed, so happy to be having another son. But I was and am elated!!! Jon on the otherhand I could tell was upset. He was quiet the entire drive to Babies R Us. We had already accepted in our hearts and were so thrilled to he having a girl. He was still in shock that Haleigh is now a Keiran. LOL!!
Regardless we are both thrilled and so happy he's healthy and right on Target as far as his growth.
C'Mon May!!!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment