Good Morning, all!
Recently Jon applied for a position in the mill in his hometown of Cuero and interviewed. They offered him the job working ALOT of hours. I was excited about relocating and being closer to Jon's family and the thought of living in a small town all over again warmed my heart.
Jon's current employer, AZ he is still working full time at putting in 50 hours a week and getting that 10 hours of overtime weekly. He spoke with his store manager and higher ups in the regional office and they have offered him a store manager position with AZ making a figure I can't disclose but we'd be stupid to pass up. The stress will come in large quantities. The hours will be long. But the pay will allow us to survive VERY comfortably without having to relocate.
We will still have to move due to uncontrolable circumstances with the house we're renting now but that's okay. That all will work itself out in time.
We sat down with three good friends of ours that are all store managers with AZ and were able to weigh out the pros and cons of relocating with a new company vs. staying here with AZ.
We've made our decision. Jon notified his company this moring. He's staying with AZ and is going to take the store manager position. We will NOT be relocating. We will be staying in the Austin area.
Something told me NOT to announce the relocation just yet but the excitement won me over and went against my better judgement to say anything about it.
Regardless, I know this is THE best decision for our little family to stay put and continue building our life here. I look forward to the many things yet to come our way. Myself going to work full time. Finally being able to afford another vehicle. Building our first house together. All of it is exciting to see in black and white. I'm eager to see each of them come to life. :)
So that is my "big announcement!" A few of you I've told personally but for the majority of you that have been patient enough, here it is.... WE'RE NOT MOVING!!! (out of Austin)
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment