CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Heart to Heart

A heart to heart....

A dear, close friend of mine finally talked some sense into me. After months of trying to get pregnant with no success, I started taking Metformin (typically used for those with type II diabetes and in some cases is used for horomone replacement therapy, which is true in my case) and recently stopped because of the nasty side effects it was having on my body. My endocrinologist started me on Glumetza (basically is Metformin, just in an extended release tablet) She went thru almost the same thing. She was overweight and was experiencing difficulty getting pregnant. What she expressed to me was that once I stop trying and start listening to what my body is trying to tell me, it will eventually happen. And she's right. For the longest I haven't wanted to accept the fact that the reason why I haven't concieved again was because of my weight. I thought surely it was something medically that could be treated or "fixed" with medications. I've been putting my body through more stress than it needs to be enduring. In the back of my mind I've always known this but do you think I was about to listen? Hell no! Why does it always take someone who cares more about me than I do about myself? Because she's been down this road, she's endured it all. She knows what she's talking about. Thank you!!! (you know who you are!!)

With that "tad bit" of information, I've forced myself to digest it and absorb it all. Not because I want to, because I NEED to. I need to focus on what's important. My family. My husband. My son. Myself. I need to get back to working out and eatting right on a regular basis and stop straying away from it. If I have any hopes of having a second child, I must take the neccessary steps in doing so.

It's time I stop with the self pitty and self doubt and jump back in, head first and get down to business.

A huge thank you to those that have been brutally honest with me and have told me like it is regardless if it's what I wanted to hear or not. It needed to be said and I am thankful for friends that aren't afraid to hurt my feelings. I value the honesty... it means more to me than what "I want to hear!"

0 comments: