So today Hayden had his 12mth checkup with Dr. Edgar Bacares and I'm happy to report this is the last time he'll ever see that doctor. I'll explain later.
Hayden is a healthy little boy who's development is ahead of all his milestones. He measured at 31 inches tall and 26lbs in weight. Putting him in the 75 perentile for height and weight. He's finally catching up as far as his physical growth. I forget what his head measurement was but I do remember the nurse telling me it was off the charts. Which is humorous to me because Hayden has a big ole melon head. Hopefully he's smarter than his mommy and daddy. Maybe the next Einstein. ::fingers crossed::
Dr. Bacares informed me that Hayden would be getting five vaccines in four seperate shots. (two in each leg) After he left the exam room, Hayden and I waited and paced back and forth in the room waiting for the nurses to come in to do his blood draw and vaccines. I timed them, we waited for 45 minutes. No you didn't read that wrong, fourty five minutes!! Are you kidding me? Who makes a patient wait that long much less a mother with a one year old who is a busy body?? This was just the beginning of my frustrations with their office this morning.
While Dr. Bacares was in the room examining Hayden, I mentioned the "bulge" or lump next to Hayden's naval that has been there since birth. And at every checkup he's always said it would go away and his stomach muscles would strengthen. EVERY SINGLE CHECKUP HE'S TOLD ME THIS!!! And when I brought it up this morning, he said "Hmm... it should have gone away by now. If you want me to, I can refer you to a surgeon to see Hayden and find out what it is?" As if he were quizzing me. I was like "Yes, I want to make sure its nothing serious!" What a jackass! Not to mention every appointment we've had with him, he never communicates with us. Never tells me what I should be doing with Hayden as far as activities, feeding, sleeping, NOTHING!!! Instead he gives me a packet to read. Like I have time to read ten pages of crap!!??! Oh I'm so done with Dr. Bacares and his staff. They are so unprofessional. It was helpful to have the clinic when Hayden was first born because I had barely gotten approved for medicaid and its a clinic that specializes and helps low income families or families that have no access to health insurance. I am thankful for that. However, it makes me question how many families they are unprofessional toward. Makes me angry.
However, I am so very thankful for our dear friend Stephanie O. for referring her daughter's pediatrician, Dr. Ramsey in Georgetown. I look forward to meeting him and Hayden being under the care of a doctor that genuinely cares for his patients and families. THANK YOU STEPHANIE!!!!
I've been monitoring Hayden all afternoon as he got his MMR shot and that alone scares me with the thought of Autism in the back of my mind. Thankfully, he's doing fine and doesn't appear to be sore. He's been running and playing like normal. Although when I've asked him to come give me a hug and kiss (like normal) he shook his head no, laughed, clapped, and walked away. It totally broke my heart. I secretly think he was mad at me for most of the afternoon. But I'm happy to report he's gotten over his grudge against me and is sitting in my lap as I type this.
Now we get to look forward to his fifteen month checkup in June. *sigh* I can't wait to be done wih shots all together.
Time to give Hayden his bath and get him to bed, I better get...
XOXO
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment